Just a political point. Not any party alliance. (Debate)

Alice Brander
👍 3

Wed 12 Jun, 20:42

Hard to make it a short post though.  The case for PR is set out clearly on this website with the differing views expressed. I start from the premise that opinions range in a normal distribution curve across a population with the extreme views representing a minority at either end…

Long post - click to read full text

Michael Flanagan
👍 2

Wed 12 Jun, 07:52 (last edited on Wed 12 Jun, 07:53)

Well: you asked for a discussion on proportional representation. 

So let's see what happens:

1. Proportional Representation (PR) is almost universal. Practically every Western democracy (apart from the UK and US) uses it, to some extent, to elect its national legislature. It's used heavily in regional elections in Scotland, Wales and…

Long post - click to read full text

Duncan John Sloan
👍

Tue 11 Jun, 22:47

I'm happy to step down if someone can tell me I'm wrong.

Duncan John Sloan
👍

Tue 11 Jun, 22:30

Maybe we need proportional representation? Can't be worse? Discuss.

Duncan John Sloan
👍

Tue 11 Jun, 22:19

Avoided*

Duncan John Sloan
👍 4

Tue 11 Jun, 22:01

I don't want to get political because I'm not sure how to vote anymore. One thing struck a chord however. In a BBC interview, Rishi Sunak said the following: Mr Sunak said his party's policies would

be paid for by clamping down on tax

avoidance, which he said would raise

£6bn, as well as reforming the welfare

system and getting more people into

work.

Seriously? Clamping down on tax avoidance? His Non-Dom billionaire wife didn't avoid paying UK tax until the press found out about it?

I voted Tory so many times. But I don't see a difference anymore. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.