Dangerous parking

John Munro
👍 6

Wed 12 Jun, 20:57

What really doesn’t help is parents ignoring the double yellow lines up on the corner by the pre-school and parking right on the bend - as I experienced and had to carefully manoeuvre around yesterday morning!

Helen Josephine Wright
👍

Wed 12 Jun, 17:51

I agree Simon, if everyone parked sensibly so many more cars could be accommodated almost everywhere.

Simon J Harley
👍 10

Mon 10 Jun, 21:53

Unfortunately Mandy, no one seems to consider where they park.  No double yellow lines so good to park seems to be the mentality.  If people were sticking to the 20 mph limit, it shouldn’t be dangerous, but unfortunately, it is ignored all over Charlbury.  It’s quite common to get stuck by the 3 Horse Shoes where no one is illegally parked, but very tight for a car to get through and impossible for a van.  My current pet hate is cars parked in the town centre that insist on parking half a cars length from the end of the double yellow lines.  I would estimate that you could parked an extra 2 - 3 cars if people used a bit of common sense and parked properly. 

Mandy cooper
👍 12

Mon 10 Jun, 18:22

Driving back home this afternoon I decided to go back round by cornbury. 
the cars parked all along the round just past the pre school is so dangerous 

As you have to go on the wrong side of the road to get past and can’t see what’s coming round the bend. Very dangerous and with the bad condition of the road if it’s not a pot hole your hitting  it will be a car. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.