12h+ parking in Witney

Ben Miller
👍 2

Tue 4 Jun, 15:10 (last edited on Tue 4 Jun, 15:10)

Thank you, all. This is really helpful - lots of options to try. It is indeed for the Witney Tube bus, so may give the other stops a go too. I'd spotted that Sainsbury's has spots on JustPark! 

Hannen Beith
👍 3

Tue 4 Jun, 15:08 (last edited on Tue 4 Jun, 15:09)

I looked into Justpark:

www.justpark.com/?&utm_medium=paidsearch&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=16465086466&utm_term=&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9vqyBhCKARIsAIIcLMGLAA0ursXtzf0NWryVLxEUMl60i3T7QhO4TiyOAU8dobP8CqFQWKEaAv2zEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.dshttps://www.justpark.com/?.ds

People put their drives up for parking (and get paid), and you can reserve spaces in advance.  I've never tried/used it, but it might be worth looking into...

There are a lot in Witney.

Christine Battersby
👍 3

Tue 4 Jun, 14:48

You could look on Parkopedia which will offer various quite expensive paid private options, plus a couple of other options but offering a very small number of spaces or a longish walk. There's street parking too, including near Church Green, Cogges and the Madley Park estate, but it depends on how mobile you are. 

Alternatively, think about getting the S1 or one of the other Witney buses to non-central parts of Witney. The S1 goes round some (pretty safe) housing estates where there is plenty of free parking. 

And if the aim is to get the new Witney Tube bus to London, it's worth noting that the bus also stops near the Wolvercote roundabout, North Oxford, and can be accessed from Pear Tree P&R on foot, and also from the S3. 

I've also been wondering about this. It seems to me such a short sighted parking policy since plenty of people need to park for more than 12 hours. This used to be allowed in the Woodford Way Car park, but is now no longer possible.

Claire Wilding
👍 1

Tue 4 Jun, 13:23

The spaces along the Leys maybe, backing on to Henry Box? I don’t think they are controlled but I’m not 100 % sure.

Ben Miller
👍

Tue 4 Jun, 11:09

Does anyone have suggestions for where to park in the centre of Witney if you need longer than the 12hrs offered by the WODC carparks?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.