Hemlock on Dyers Hill?

Kate Smith
👍 3

Fri 31 May, 10:04

Yes, there is a hemlock plant not in flower yet at the corner of Church Lane, looks quite like the cow parsley but with a thicker smooth stem; I live quite near so will try and get a chance to dig it up over the weekend (wearing big gloves!) as I don't think the Council are likely to have it high on their list of priorities - but not too sure what to do with it afterwards: do you think  I can just put it in the green waste bin?

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 29 May, 06:36

I've been, but can't remember the Hemlock (sic).  It's well worth a visit if you're in the vicinity.  Home Office approved!

https://www.alnwickgarden.com/the-garden/poison-garden/

Liz Puttick
👍 5

Tue 28 May, 15:20

My heart aches, and a drowsy numbness pains

My sense, as though of hemlock I had drunk

Jonathant Totman
👍 2

Mon 27 May, 21:10

I'm not an expert but think there may be a couple of poison hemlock plants next to the pavement on the road leading down to the station. Have reported to the council for a check and safe removal if appropriate but just flagging here as well for info. Please do correct me if I'm wrong! 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.