Woodstock road closed for resurfacing

Brian Murray
👍

Sat 11 May, 14:41

Yes, Julie, it was re-opened yesterday at lunchtime.

Julie Ward
👍 1

Sat 11 May, 09:08

Can anyone confirm that the road to Woodstock is now open please?

Tony Morgan
👍

Fri 10 May, 13:50

Thanks Liz

Liz Leffman
👍 1

Fri 10 May, 13:48

I had a look on Fix My Street, Tony, to see if that was still live, and it said that there are more works scheduled in the area in early August. I haven't had any notification of that so will find out what they are.

Tony Morgan
👍

Fri 10 May, 13:28

The recent rain caused a trench at the right hand side of the Woodstock road just past the Stonesfield Lane turnoff going out of Charlbury

I reported this & got a response so assumed it would be filled in during the road resurfacing, but the contractor went up to the edge but didn't fill it in

Any chance of a proper job before it is further eroded?

Matt Bullock
👍 4

Fri 10 May, 10:03

Indeed Mark. “Surface dressing” is the road building equivalent of papering over the cracks.

Janet Burroughs
👍 2

Fri 10 May, 07:56

7.55 am Lorries waiting in lay-by at top of Woodstock Road and work is being started. Looks like doing section from 30mph sign down to Fiveways. 

Yes, clear information on what is going on and when would be helpful. In particular, if residents of Woodstock Road want to travel which way do we go?? If road is closed at Fiveways, as looks likely, how do we know? 

Mark Sulik
👍 1

Fri 10 May, 02:26

It would be good to see the end result as to cover such a long distance in 2 days, I would suggest that a covering of chipping is being overlaid to the existing road surface. Hopefully repairs to the original sub base have been considered, as otherwise, just covering over the problems of a degraded surface, which hopefully ? has been repaired - I believe a lot of preparation and repairs are needed , to allow the surface dressing being applied - I would be surprised if this was the case in such a short period . Hopefully, I’m proven wrong! 

Agnes
👍 2

Thu 9 May, 16:31

Looks like it will be tomorrow too as they haven't quite finished the whole stretch. Some advance warning would have been useful, especially if they start work at rush hour. Diversion signs would also help. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the road gets fixed, it would just be nice of the council if they caused less agro.

NADINE MILLS
👍

Thu 9 May, 10:26

I went the Enstone Rd way this morning as currently the Woodstock Rd appears to be closed all the way to Judds Garage 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.