Station Parking

William Crossley
👍

Wed 13 Oct 2010, 00:06

Mark, I'm really not sure that a general survey is likely to be the place to raise quite such specific concerns as those relating to parking in Charlbury - and the role the railway station may or may not play in that.

Contacting county councillor Neil Owen direct about the issue would seem rather more sensible - and he might like to know about the council's lack of response to your query anyway.

Mark Purcell
👍

Tue 12 Oct 2010, 19:19

In point of fact it was a good fortnight before the closing date, which is precisely why I was annoyed not to receive an answer in time for me to make a meaningful formal response by the October 8 deadline. And I don't agree. Those who live within walking distance of the station car park have every right to have opinions on how it operates. If the solution is wrong, it impinges on us - as residents of central Charlbury who can't park outside their own houses because the street is full of commuter cars would be the first to agree.

Mark Purcell
👍

Tue 12 Oct 2010, 19:11

How do you know when I submitted my comment?

Chris Bates
👍

Tue 12 Oct 2010, 09:05

It appears that you submitted it after the closing date?....that may be a reason?

They wanted opinions to influence any money available to improve actual car parks (not the surrounds) - so asking the actual users of their opinions sounds good to me - rather than those who don't currently use them....

Mark Purcell
👍

Mon 11 Oct 2010, 19:32

I'm perfectly aware of that fact. I'm also of the view that a survey about station car parking which only asks the views of those who park in the car park isn't a balanced survey, and that if the County Council wishes to make balanced judgements it should be taker the views of other interested parties into consideration. I am disappointed not to have received so much as an acknowdgement of my note.

Chris Bates
👍

Mon 11 Oct 2010, 08:38

It was a survey of car park users....

Mark Purcell
👍

Sat 9 Oct 2010, 17:14

I sent an email to the given contact address several weeks ago, asking how Charlbury residents could express their views on station parking, given that the online form was configured entirely on the assumption that all respondees were people who drove to the station and used the car park. I have received no reply.

John Dora
👍

Tue 5 Oct 2010, 20:47

Please Note: The consultation closes on the 8th October

Jean Adams
👍

Tue 5 Oct 2010, 20:24

Parking in the Spendlove Car Park during the day is becoming impossible.Not all the cars are residents shopping, or attending classes,or the Dentist etc., as some remain most/all of the day. One solution would be to have more 2hr parking slots - monitored by WODC who have taken responsibility for parking in Charlbury.

Steve Barnett
👍

Sun 3 Oct 2010, 14:05

If more and more people are parking in the village, so as to NOT pay any car park fee, how is it that the car park is so full by half eight??

John Dora
👍

Thu 23 Sep 2010, 20:02

I notice that the County is asking for views about the station parking facilities at myconsultations.oxfordshire.gov.uk/inovem/consult.ti/stationcarparking/consultationHome

One wonders if Charlburians might express views about how charging for parking at the station has led to commuters parking in the town....

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.