Burglary

Charlotte Penn
👍

Tue 14 Sep 2010, 19:13

Residents should also be reminded that you should inform the police of anyone who looks suspicious, immediately. Don’t leave it till it’s too late, to help the police catch these criminals. And, don’t feel that you are wasting Police time; your calls will be taken seriously. Your information could be vital and help the police catch these villains. I hope the police catch these thieves very soon?

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 14 Sep 2010, 10:51

Police circular:

"Police are appealing for information after two burglaries in Charlbury over the weekend where houses had been left unlocked.

On Saturday 11 September a property was entered in Market Street and a laptop and wallet containing cash were stolen from the downstairs study while the occupants were sleeping upstairs.

On the same evening access was gained to a property in Browns Lane where a wallet and cigarettes were stolen.

If you have any information on either of these incidents please telephone police on 08458 505 505.

Residents are reminded to lock all windows and doors securely, especially at night."

Lesley-Anne Tutton
👍

Mon 13 Sep 2010, 14:32

I just wanted to urge people in Charlbury to be particularly careful in securing their homes as we were burgled on Friday night of 10 September. We had been working in the garden late and inadvertently left our french doors unlocked. We discovered the next morning that someone had entered our home while we slept and stolen my husband's laptop used for his business and his wallet and credit cards. I cannot tell you how sick I feel to think that someone entered our home while we slept. I just wondered if anyone else in Charlbury had been through a similar experience recently.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.