Missing parcel

Gill Smyth
👍 3

Wed 13 Mar, 17:38

I have now located my parcel; thanks for all your thoughtful contributions.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍 6

Wed 13 Mar, 10:29

I sometimes find parcels being delivered to a wrong address - there are about three Wychwood Close's in OX7.  So I always delete the automatic Chipping Norton from our address and make the town name Charlbury when ordering on line.  I find this helps.

Charlie M
👍

Wed 13 Mar, 10:12

Matt, you are correct. And until the onus is placed on delivery companies to deliver goods to the correct address, this will continue. Many of them seem to rely on the "goodwill" (or stupidity?!) of the people at where goods are wrongly delivered to take steps to do their job for them! The solution?

The most obvious solution would seem to be for the delivery companies to adopt a fingerprint identification system similar to that used as security on some phones. The receiver would then validate the delivery by means of their fingerprint. 

But of course this would preclude acceptance of a delivery by any other person, and would realistically also require a pre-determined delivery time. 

Hedge Fund
👍

Wed 13 Mar, 09:04

I am finding companies don’t always use the full address provided just  house name. Obs this doesn’t work if several houses have the same name. 

Matt Bullock
👍 2

Wed 13 Mar, 08:37

Postal addresses and postcodes have worked fine for a long time. Wrong deliveries are down to lack of care by delivery companies, trying to deliver too much in too short a time and putting their drivers under pressure to do it quickly rather than accurately. Some much worse than others, of course.

Simon J Harley
👍 1

Wed 13 Mar, 07:04

It should be a requirement that all deliveries use “what 3 words”. All you see on social media now are posts regarding missing parcels. 

Gill Smyth
👍

Tue 12 Mar, 12:06

I was expecting a parcel of bare root plants, bulbs and tubers to be delivered by Yodel yesterday evening. I was at home when they informed me that the package had been delivered, when it had not. The photo Yodel took shows the package in a black recycling box next to a splintered terracotta pot and on mossy/weeded stone paving. Ive had a good look around, but if this could be outside your house, I’d be very grateful if you’d let me know, and I’ll come and pick it up. Thanks!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.