Cherry trees on station approach

Susan Way
👍

Tue 7 Sep 2010, 09:09

I would have thought a quick sweep with a broom would have dealt with that one adequately. I'm surprised that the contractors thought it acceptable to throw the branches into the next property rather than take them away.

Steve Barnett
👍

Mon 6 Sep 2010, 16:07

I understand that someone complained about red stains on the bottom of their shoes (!?) and that the fallen pips were a 'slip hazard'? What a sad town to live in, when someone worries about their shoes!!

John Stanley
👍

Sun 29 Aug 2010, 15:24

I was talking to Teresa Ceesay (Cotswold Line Station Manager for FGW) about this. I think that it must have been contractors, as she told me how much the lopping of the trees had cost - I will not disclose the figure, but it was large!

She said that the cutting back was in response to complaints from users late at night that the path was dark as the lights were being blocked out by the leaves on the trees.

Shelagh Scott
👍

Sun 22 Aug 2010, 21:50

Victoria, I agree with you - they have made a horrid mess of the trees, cutting the branches in the wrong place, and dumping the branches on the other side of the fence. Is this the work of Network Rail and their contractors?

Paul Taylor
👍

Wed 18 Aug 2010, 16:09

"phantom chopper" strikes again

victoria bull
👍

Wed 18 Aug 2010, 12:43

How sad that these beautiful cherry trees that give shade, blossom and fruit were brutally hacked back this week.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.