PIE NIGHT AT THE BULL

michele marietta
👍

Thu 14 Mar, 15:44

Densham's in Witney also a good go-to for game.

Harriet Edwards
👍 1

Thu 14 Mar, 15:34

Slatters butchers has some really tasty rabbit (from nearby fields I think)  I made the rabbit I bought into a delicious stew my family talked about for ages, It was funny also because I got the rabbit from slatters, all the vegetables from the shop next door and I actually borrowed their recipe too! The staff in both sides are so helpful  I had such a great experience there. Def shopping in there again 

Sandy Fairhurst
👍

Sun 10 Mar, 21:49

Rachel,  Just realised I misspelt the name. It’s not Eades, it’s Eadles ( Redway Farm,  Beckley) 01865 351331. Think they do lots of different farmers markets. Sorry for the mistake.

Rachel Brushfield
👍 1

Sun 10 Mar, 21:00 (last edited on Sun 10 Mar, 21:07)

Thanks so much for your advice about where to find good quality fresh rabbit Sandy, Robin and Liz. 

Popped into all the local butchers recently in Chadlington, Witney + Chippy, + Daylesford too asking this question about fresh rabbit.

Answers were: Floods effect, (where do they burrow when there is flooding in the fields?!), rabbits bought in randomly to butchers, butcher in Stow possibly – this is what I have gleaned so far.

Thanks Sandy – great tip. Eades stall? Please share the link with us on the Forum. 

Sandy - if you can spare a bit of your rabbit pie, please message me!

Will check out the next Charlbury Farmers market. 

They are quarterly I think, so next one is July?

Sandy Fairhurst
👍

Sun 10 Mar, 20:48

There was ready jointed fresh rabbit @the Eades stall at the farmers’ market this Saturday. ( I bought some, and it will soon  become a pie)

Robin Taylor
👍

Sun 10 Mar, 18:02

I’ve bought rabbit in the Chadlington butchers a couple of times recently, once fresh on the counter, and once from their freezer when I asked if they had it.

Liz Puttick
👍 1

Sun 10 Mar, 17:49

Agree re rabbit, tho' the Woolgate Centre butcher sometimes has it. My cat and I would like to hear of any other sources as it's his absolute favourite (he hasn't yet managed to catch his own).

Rachel Brushfield
👍 1

Sun 10 Mar, 14:54

Are the Bull planning to do this at lunchtime at all and also pie take outs (collection, not delivery)? 

You would be amazed how hard it is to find a rabbit in butchers or rabbit pie/stew on a menu in Oxfordshire.....

I have been hopping around for weeks trying to find both. 

RSVP - thanks. 

John Munro
👍 3

Sun 10 Mar, 13:51

Is there an alternative to the pint if one is not a beer drinker?

Victoria Carreras Jago
👍 8

Thu 7 Mar, 22:02

It was amazing! Well done to The Bull! 

Helen Josephine Wright
👍 22

Thu 7 Mar, 13:45

I used to go to The Bull & loved it - but last few years far too expensive. Obviously they can do without Charlburians. 😢🙁👎

christopher edeson
👍 1

Thu 7 Mar, 12:13 (last edited on Thu 7 Mar, 12:34)

£20 for a pie and pint i think i saw them say

Hedge Fund
👍 1

Thu 7 Mar, 10:19

Can we have the prices please. 

Kamil Swiderek
👍 9

Wed 6 Mar, 15:38 (last edited on Thu 7 Mar, 10:51)

Thursday Pie Night 🥧

Launching this Thursday to celebrate British Pie Week. Book a table, and enjoy Pie and Pint for £20. This week, choose from:

- Rabbit & Mustard Pie

- Fish Pie

- Potato, Chard & Westcombe Cheddar Pie

or an Apple Pie for dessert.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.