Town Council.

Claire Wilding
👍

Sat 2 Mar, 17:17

I just counted back from the election and I think WODC will have to put out the notice by 26 March at the latest, and candidates will have to get nominations in by 5 April.  That's the week of Easter, so hopefully WODC will put out all the information early.

Stephen Bubb
👍 1

Sat 2 Mar, 16:03

Yes! Just seen the chronicle. So all 12 seats on the Town Council are up for grabs. Election on May 2. I know someone who will certainly be standing! So what we need from the district council are the timetable for nominations and the process. And certainly good idea to talk to Lisa, the town clerk. 

Claire Wilding
👍

Sat 2 Mar, 14:37 (last edited on Sat 2 Mar, 14:41)

There's an article in the Chronicle that's just come out encouraging people to stand, and you can find out more from the clerk: clerk@charlbury-tc.gov.uk

You can also ask any of the existing Councillors - I'm happy to answer any questions!

WODC run the whole process. They haven't yet published the timetable but they say it will appear on this page during March:  https://www.westoxon.gov.uk/about-the-council/elections-and-voting/current-and-future-elections/

Stephen Bubb
👍

Sat 2 Mar, 14:22

Excellent. Be worth making clear the timetable for nominations , process etc. are you doing publicity to encourage people to stand as there will be places to fill?

Gareth Epps
👍

Fri 1 Mar, 19:45

There’s an election in May; vacancies within six months of an election aren’t filled.

Stephen Bubb
👍 2

Fri 1 Mar, 18:34

Given the resignations, what is the current position with the town council – are there elections to these positions? Is there an election in May? Asking for a friend – I certainly don’t want to do it myself

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.