Grant for Electric Vehicle charging for Schools

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 1

Thu 29 Feb, 14:43

I just got this email from a supplier |(taken off their details) that grants are available for up to 40 vehicles. Would have been useful to know when I was a School Governor but if any people associated with the School - and Nurseries and Pre-school?? - haven't heard about this its a heads-up to explore. Occurs to me the School could "rent" the charging points out to local residents during non-school times? Just a thought.

"We want to let you know that a funding increase to help schools install electric vehicle chargepoints has recently been announced by the Office for Zero Emissions Vehicles (OZEV).

About the schools grant

The grant is part of the Workplace Charging Scheme and is open to all state-funded schools and educational institutions.

It covers up to 75% of the cost of the purchase and install of EV chargepoints, up to £2,500 per socket – a rise from the previous £350.

Schools (including colleges, academy trusts and nurseries) can use the grant to install as many as 40 chargepoints across all sites, to boost chargepoint facilities for staff and visitors. The Department for Transport has also advised that schools could use the chargepoints to generate revenue by making them available to the public.

The application process

The application process is simple - just contact us at Joju Charging and we'll be happy to talk you through it all. There’s also more information on the Government website here, and you can head to our own blog to find a round up of this and other initiatives too.

If there’s anything else you’d like to chat with us about, please do get in touch as well. We’re always here to provide support and answer any questions.

Best regards,

Chas Warlow

Head of Sales (EV Charging)"

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.