Scam Alert

Brian Murray
👍 2

Thu 29 Feb, 11:19

The NCSC referred to in my earlier post is the National Cyber Security Centre. 

The Consumers' Association/Which offers a free, monthly email bulletin telling of the latest scams. You can sign up to it via the following link:

https://www.which.co.uk/news/article/the-latest-scam-alerts-from-which-aBRLy2b02WkC

If you are not comfortable with following the link, simply Google 'Which Scams' and go to their site via that route.

Mark Sulik
👍

Wed 28 Feb, 17:51

I have posted on this before - same situation. About 4 months ago

Brian Murray
👍 4

Wed 28 Feb, 16:47

Received a text at 3.15, reading 'Post Office: We attempted to deliver a package, but nobody answered the door. Please go to mylocal-uk-delivery-gb.com to reschedule delivery.' Very odd as we had both been sitting about 10' from the front door and we would have seen and heard anyone. Out of interest, I used the computer and went to the URL and came across a very convincing secure site, where, on entering two random post codes, each time I was asked to send £1.45 'Redelivery Fee'. 

Two good clues about the scam: The website looks to be an authentic Royal Mail site but their menu offers Stamps and supplies, (which R M does not sell) andthe text was sent by the Post Office (which does not deliver door to door).

If you receive a dodgy text you should forward it to: 7726 which is the NCSC. Sorry, I can't remember the full name but it's an official investigative office.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.