Dog problem ...

Wendy Bailey
👍

Wed 28 Feb, 12:59

Perhaps installing a door cam connected to your mobile phone?  You would get an alert if it's triggered by movement. And perhaps the opportunity to ask the owner to pick up the poo. 

Anu Green
👍 7

Tue 27 Feb, 22:47

There will always be owners that don’t care. They will let them poo on your doorstep and wee up against your walls and drive ornaments. Can’t win with ignorant fools.

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Mon 26 Feb, 20:10

https://www.westoxon.gov.uk/Search/?query=dog+fouling

check it out here

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Mon 26 Feb, 19:03

Given that there were a number of recent reports on the forum about a dog (or dogs) running free, the fact there is dog poop on the doorstep is not very surprising -- although of course this also happens when there are dogwalkers accompanying the dogs and the owners just don't care. 

Beziers in France introduced DNA testing on dog poop and the owners of the offending dogs are fined. I can't see this happening anywhere in England, although anyone who fails to clear up after their dog in the UK can be issued with a Fixed Penalty Notice of up to £100. And if the case goes to court this could cost the owner or person in charge of the animal up to £1,000.

As things stand it's worth investigating what smells dogs hate in order to repel the offending animals. A mixture of lemon juice and vinegar is sometimes recommended. Or there are some proprietary brands of dog repellent as well. 

K Harper
👍 4

Mon 26 Feb, 16:56

Dog problem OR Owner problem? Kris

Tom Fenton
👍 1

Mon 26 Feb, 14:54

Hello, I have heard at least two other stories of dog waste fouling people's doorsteps.  This has happened outside my house recently (twice).  Any ideas about whether this can be reported to police, or any steps that we could take against it?  Thanks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.