Dead sheep

Stephen Bubb
👍 1

Mon 26 Feb, 09:55

Yes that’s the right spot. Just across from the bridge over the river into the field. . It was in the woods at the bottom. I came across it about 3pm I think but I also saw and talked to someone I assumed was from the farm coming to collect the poor thing. 

Ella Blackwell
👍 1

Sun 25 Feb, 18:21

Thanks Emily, we really appreciate your mum reaching us through message to quickly notify us. 

Emily Algar
👍 1

Sun 25 Feb, 17:23

This is so sad. I'm sorry Ella. 

My mother and I didn't see the sheep, but just noticed Stephen's post on the forum and thought you should know.

Ella Blackwell
👍 2

Sun 25 Feb, 17:18

Thanks for the notification,the sheep in question is being collected. The sheep were checked this morning, could you give me an approximate time you saw the dead sheep? 

Lesley Algar
👍 2

Sun 25 Feb, 15:59

Has anyone contacted the farmer concerned? 

Lesley Algar
👍 1

Sun 25 Feb, 15:54

Was this one of the sheep in the field when you walk through Wigwell. They all have lambs. I always keep my dog on a lead as I can see the sheep before walking through. I do think it would be helpful if the farmer put a notice on gates when there is a public footpath.
That is in no way excusing those who think it’s normal for their dogs to kill, livestock or wild animals.

Stephen Bubb
👍 3

Sun 25 Feb, 15:21

A sad sight  today on my walk in the field past 9 acres. A dead sheep – looked like it had been savaged by a dog. All us dog lovers have to be careful not to let our dogs off the lead in  fields where they might be sheep. It’s distressing to see and our farmers don’t need to lose their livestock in this way

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.