Croissant’s

Susie Burnett
👍

Fri 23 Feb, 10:38

Peter Cook?

Steve Jones
👍

Thu 22 Feb, 17:28

Not Susie Dent. Wrong gender, and this is somebody who used to frequent the legendary Coach and Horses in Soho with characters like Jeffrey Bernard and Laurie Lee. A columnist, wit, writer and playwright.

Rod Evans
👍 1

Thu 22 Feb, 14:31 (last edited on Thu 22 Feb, 14:37)

Steve - Susie Dent??

Ali - owe you a coffee!  Just watch out where the huskies go....

PS Lots more lovely goodies at the Deli (can recommend the new meat and veg/gie pie selection) and hoping to re-vamp the wine selection soon - watch this space.  And not an apostrophe in sight.

Steve Jones
👍 1

Thu 22 Feb, 12:26 (last edited on Thu 22 Feb, 12:27)

No prize, but who was the founder and self-appointed life president of the Association for the Abolition of the Aberrant Apostrophe (AAAA), and who claimed to have an apostrophe incinerator in the back garden? No cheating and using Google or the like for this one.

Ali Ross
👍 4

Thu 22 Feb, 11:11

A rare Frank Zappa reference there, Rod

Rod Evans
👍 1

Tue 20 Feb, 17:58

As mudsharks everywhere will know, the crux of the biscuit is - the apostrophe.  And the Deli has some great biscuits too...

PS a coffee on me for the first person to get the reference!

Valerie Stewart
👍 5

Mon 19 Feb, 22:51

In the town where I grew up (I'm not going to name it) the local baker advertised their Yuletide goodies as Xma's Gateau'x.  

Liz Leffman
👍 7

Mon 19 Feb, 19:02 (last edited on Mon 19 Feb, 19:05)

How will you ever live this down, Stephen? However, the croissants at the Deli are delicious, however they are spelt (pun very much intended)

Stephen Bubb
👍 3

Mon 19 Feb, 18:45

Oh no. I blame spell check. Sorry. And me an Oxford Fellow too. I’ll be drummed out. 

Alan F Harrison
👍

Mon 19 Feb, 17:34 (last edited on Mon 19 Feb, 18:43)

Achilles’s fodder? Yes.  With ‘s but no croissant’s.

Liz Leffman
👍 10

Mon 19 Feb, 15:02

Croissant's:  is this a Baker's Apostrophe?

Hans Eriksson
👍

Mon 19 Feb, 13:26

Are you getting any uptick in trade from the Notting Hillbillies?

Stephen Bubb
👍 5

Mon 19 Feb, 12:52

Have you tried the croissants in our local community deli? Are they really are the best you’ll find for miles. They come from a very good bakery – More. Do try them. Actually, the Danish  aren’t bad as well. Important, we support our local deli, but with goodies as good as these You’ll not be disappointed. Shame we don’t have the publicity machine of certain other Charlbury establishments, or would be getting a write up for our croissants in The Telegraph!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.