Monday morning trains

Mark Purcell
👍

Fri 13 Aug 2010, 20:23

I thought that too. I was on a train mid-afternoon, and it was utter mayhem. Clearly our esteemed train operators hadn't picked up on the likely numbers, or the potential business that they could have picked up if only they'd dealt with the numbers rather better ...

Beverley Stanford
👍

Thu 12 Aug 2010, 18:23

Hello William. Thank you for your warning the other day! The 13.05 was also very crowded all the way to London. It was disappointing that no action had been taken to prepare for the extra travellers.

William Crossley
👍

Sat 7 Aug 2010, 14:30

I would strongly recommend anyone planning to travel into Oxford/London mid-morning on Monday to use the 09.52 (09.29 from Moreton-in-Marsh), not the 10.08 or 11.05, because both are likely to be very crowded with people returning from the Big Chill festival at Eastnor Castle who will be boarding at Great Malvern where both trains start their journeys. Same proviso may well apply to the later evening trains tomorrow.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.