S3 and X9

glena chadwick
👍 2

Thu 8 Feb, 16:51

Many thanks to all kind helpers. Anyone would think I was planning to get to the North Pole !!

Michael Flanagan
👍

Thu 8 Feb, 16:30 (last edited on Thu 8 Feb, 16:31)

The S3 timetable is perpetually updated from https://www.oxfordbus.co.uk/plan-your-journey. This landing site makes you then tell it the time, day and direction you plan to travel.

Just googling can easily take you to earlier timetables (some pre-2020), still clinging on to a zombie-like afterlife in cyberspace on all sorts of dodgy sites.

Matt Bullock
👍 1

Thu 8 Feb, 16:13

13 mins past the hour from the Bell now

glena chadwick
👍

Thu 8 Feb, 15:24

And the Friday morning bus is still 11.25 from the Bell ?

Sorry to ask but the timetable onlone seems v. old.

glena chadwick
👍

Wed 7 Feb, 10:55

Many thanks Susie x

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍 1

Tue 6 Feb, 17:31

Yes you can Glena x

glena chadwick
👍

Tue 6 Feb, 17:12

So if I'm going to Oxford by bus this Friday (great adventure !!) can I get it as usual (going to Oxford) at The Bell stop ? And coming back can I get off at one of the stops in Enstone Road ?

Claire Wilding
👍 2

Tue 6 Feb, 15:55

I've seen the bus being let through the roadworks on the Slade so this doesn't make sense. I don't know about the school bus. 

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 6 Feb, 13:43

The X9 to Chippy is indeed squeezing carefully down Market Street.

Alison Prudence
👍 1

Tue 6 Feb, 13:40

UPDATE:  Pulhams Coaches advise that The Slade is closed between 9.30 am and 3.00 pm.  During that time there is a diversion in place.  Buses from Witney to Chippy will be affected and you will need to wait either at the bus shelter at Fiveways opposite the bus stop to Witney or opposite the bus shelter for the Bell in Church Street (probably the best one). The bus will then turn down Market Street and Thames Street and you can pick it up opposite the end of Nine Acres Lane.  Chippy to Witney buses will be as normal.   (S3's seem to be coming down the Slade as usual.)

Buses before 9.30 and after 3.00 should not be affected but it may be safer to wait at the Bell to cover all eventualities!  Pulhams confirmed school buses are not affected as they run after 3.00.   

NB:  Just found Oxford Bus app shows live buses on the map on fairly modern phone and tablet as well.  Should prove useful.

Hedge Fund
👍 1

Mon 5 Feb, 20:54

Do we know if the school buses are running as usual and can pass through the closure too?

Christine Battersby
👍

Mon 5 Feb, 14:14 (last edited on Mon 5 Feb, 14:24)

Normal bus stops, I think. The Slade is open to buses, but not to cars. 

I thought there would be some delays. But S3 currently showing as early at Wychwood Close on the Stagecoach app for 15.14 (says 15.09). Oxford Bus app for X9 sometimes also shows live time, and on a PC you can also sometimes see where the X9 bus is.

Frances Healy
👍

Mon 5 Feb, 13:56

Where are these buses stopping while the Slade is closed?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.