Footpath by nine acres

Emily Algar
👍 1

Mon 5 Feb, 10:15

Great Jody! Maybe we can do it together one weekend? I'll send you a message.

Sandy Fairhurst
👍 2

Mon 5 Feb, 09:16

Walking along the Nine Acres Lane perimeter (except for the lowest section which was cleared last year) is tricky even for the nimble footed, especially the section nearest the corner opposite Nine Acres Close and the steps. overhanging branches and now no clear path. Have often thought when crossing the field at night that a yellow line painted on each of the steps would be really helpful.

stephen cavell
👍 2

Mon 5 Feb, 08:09 (last edited on Mon 5 Feb, 08:39)

As I had to explain to the Town Council recently Wychwood House accepts the responsibility for keeping the 50 meters boundary along the Slade and 50 metres along Enstone Road 'tidy' bearing in mind vision of road signs, restrictions regarding 'birds nest' and wild life  and pedestrian comfort. We always have done. To this end we will be dealing with the Slade when it is closed to traffic later this week. We have given up on the bus shelter.

PS. All the trees on our property - including those along the boundary fall under Tree Preservation Order 5/1988 and are regularly checked by the Tree Preservation Officer. Who incidentally is making an inspection on Friday of this week.

Jody O'Reilly
👍 6

Sun 4 Feb, 22:09

My son Jack and I have plans for the enstone road crossroads too and have arranged a big so leaves/branches can be collected. Jack is volunteering for the town council for his D of E and we hope to do it soon. 

Emily Algar
👍 6

Sun 4 Feb, 10:22

Hi Stephen, I completely agree! 

I went out there last weekend and cut the overhanging branches that I could reach as well removing the ivy from the all. I raised the overhanging branches and general maintenance at a couple of council meetings during the summer and was given the impression overhanging branches would be cut but they sadly were not included in the work done in Nine Acres last year.

However, I'm planning on going out there soon with a neighbour to not only cut the overhanging branches but also to try and widen the footpath by removing the built up grass and weeds alongside the wall. 

stephen cavell
👍 3

Sun 4 Feb, 10:07

I wonder if the same could be done along the footpath side of the Enstone Road- at least for the Nine Acres boundary. And may be to advise owners of low overhanging branches and brambles/rose bushes. I can affirm that is difficult for two having to walk side by side - and I have noted parents with prams to negotiate parts of that walk.

Nicolette lethbridge
👍 10

Sun 4 Feb, 08:06

Congratulations and many thanks to the team of volunteers who have done such a splendid job in clearing the much used and much neglected foot path which connects Jeff's terrace with the spendlove centre. It is now twice the width it was a few days ago.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.