Snowdrops

glena chadwick
👍

Sun 4 Feb, 17:08

Many thanks again. Went to Great Tew this afternoon with my daughter and the snowdrops werevery lovely----in front and behind the church. Hope to go to Batsford in the next week.

Andrew Chapman
👍 1

Sun 4 Feb, 15:52

Glena, one of the best displays in Steeple Barton is actually just along the drive to the church at the little crossroads - although they will be going over fairly soon.

There are some lovely aconites out near the pond at the abbey, and a lot of daffodils about to burst out.

Maureen Nash
👍

Sun 4 Feb, 14:11

There is a lovely display of snowdrops, hellebores and winter aconites in the long border that you come to straight after entering Batsford Arboretum Glena. There is usually a blue badge space free right outside the entrance and the cafe is always very tempting!

glena chadwick
👍

Sun 4 Feb, 12:11

Many thanks for the suggestions. When the monks and nuns had Burford Priory it was open for two snowdrop Sundays. I think there was a collection for charity. I'm glad M. Freud has started again. Not sure if I could manage the Barton Abbey walk unless one can see them from the church path.

Sue Way
👍 2

Sat 3 Feb, 20:12

Matthew Freud is opening the grounds of Burford Priory for Snowdrop Sunday, 11th February from 10.00 to 3.00.
Tickets are £3 (free for children) and proceeds go to Helen & Douglas House which provides care for terminally ill children. 

Tickets at the entrance in Priory Lane on the day.

Sue Williams
👍

Sat 3 Feb, 19:14

Barton Abbey . Banks of them!

Miles Walkden
👍

Sat 3 Feb, 12:25

What a spectacular day! There has to be at least some small advantage to climate change, so I’m taking today as a positive!  

Of course, I thought I would pop up to the garden centre and buy some plants. Hilarious, as it’s Feb 3rd

Brigid Sturdy
👍

Sat 3 Feb, 12:20

Great Tew. (We're going there tomorrow morning.)

glena chadwick
👍

Sat 3 Feb, 11:20

The snowdrops in the cemetry are lovely but could anyone recommend any another beautiful groups near here ? I can no longer do Colesborne but could manage a short walk. I know those at Taynton and Eynsham churchyards and Burford Priory (now only seen by peering over the gate on the side road !) but would love other suggestions.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.