Looking for a short-term property to rent

Rachael Turner
👍 1

Thu 1 Feb, 14:34

Thanks Chris! Yes, we've been doing that with a National Trust place up near Banbury. Trusted Housesitters is a good call - appreciated.

Chris Arnold
👍 2

Thu 1 Feb, 01:48

Take a look at TrustedHousesitters.com also contact holiday rental companies- this time of year you can get a deal for a longer rental period up to 3 months (we did this a few years ago  for 6 weeks for the same reason). But depends on your budget

Rachael Turner
👍 4

Wed 31 Jan, 15:40

Hello! I'm a newish resident (2021) and have recently been experiencing the joys of major renovation work (my house, not me). As per ancient builders' lore, we were told that we would be 'in by Christmas'. This has not happened. So I'm putting this up on the forum to see if anyone has a space that's temporarily available. 

We (myself, partner, and 11-year old son) ideally need a two-bed, but one is very doable (as the latter is away during the week). In terms of time - it'd be a month or two we'd need (basically until we can get a roof on). But we can be very flexible. All of our stuff is at our office on the Cornbury Estate, so we would be travelling light.

We have a budget, but are also up for a reciprocal agreement: e.g. as house-sitters or cat-sitters if you're going away (excellent with cats!) You may also be looking down the barrel of a renovation yourself, so we could also look at returning the favour in the future, if that appealed.

Thanks very much in advance ...

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.