Quarry Lane

David Green
👍 4

Sun 28 Jan, 18:02 (last edited on Sun 28 Jan, 18:22)

We cleared the wooded area by Wellington Cottages and Lee Place today and filled 12 bags. Plenty of dog poo bags there too along with a loads of plastic drinks bottles . The problem with the plastic bottles we collected is that they can’t be recycled when they have been contaminated. 

Helen Josephine Wright
👍 3

Sun 28 Jan, 17:53

I agree David - I noticed several of the same kind of green dog bags hanging in trees at the edge near playground at centenary woods.  So easy to pop into nearby bin & saves damage to wildlife from plastic.

Hans Eriksson
👍

Sun 28 Jan, 16:56 (last edited on Sun 28 Jan, 16:57)

yes 

David Green
👍 1

Sun 28 Jan, 16:55

Thanks for the clarification Hans. I now understand your comment but feel this thread has veered of course. Littering is what I want to raise here.

Marjorie Glasgow
👍

Sun 28 Jan, 15:11

David, I have sent you a private message.

David Green
👍 14

Sun 28 Jan, 09:58

It's baffling why some individuals pick up after their dogs and then toss the bags into the hedge along the boundary of  SSSI. The mind truly boggles. Just yesterday, 13 bags were found on Quarry Lane alone. Discusting, there is a bin at the end of the lane!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.