Local Dairy deliveries

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Fri 26 Jan, 16:44

Interesting feedback, Hannen and Nick. Thanks. I've also received some positive feedback via email as well, so clearly opinions differ on Hanover.

I will keep an open mind, but as far as I can see the choice is M&M or Hanover. 

Nick Millea
👍 2

Fri 26 Jan, 09:23

We've been using Hanover for a couple of years now. Highly recommended!

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 25 Jan, 18:15

That's sad to read, Nicky.  I hope that you get your refund soon.

We had a very good experience with Hanover Dairies last year.  We ordered milk and orange juice and the deliveries were prompt - sometimes even before midnight the evening before!

We decided to cancel purely because of the expense.  There was absolutely no problem with that.

I'd clocked that they were based up North, but had a local depot near here, but didn't carry out any research.  

Christine Battersby
👍

Thu 25 Jan, 17:42

Thank you, Nicky. Very helpful.

Nicky Paris
👍 1

Thu 25 Jan, 17:07

I used to use Hanover dairies. Not a great experience and not really a local dairy. I was told the milkman would deliver early morning, thought this was great as we are early risers and tend to go to bed early. He actually came between 10-11pm most the time, so during the summer the milk was no good with the heat. Then while a current customer of theirs I had "OUR" local milkman come round trying to sign me up...... explained I was already a customer and if he was "OUR" milkman he would of already known. They are actually based up north and that is their main area.

Once I cancelled they then carried on charging me, I cancelled the direct debit and 3 weeks after my cancellation I was delivered another week of milk and again charged. Still over 8 months later awaiting my refund! Would not recommend them.

Christine Battersby
👍 3

Thu 25 Jan, 12:16

I have belatedly discovered that Milk& More has been sold again: this time from Muller's to Freshways, as of January 1st 2024. This probably explains why so much of their range is currently out of stock, and also why the milk bottle tops are changing -- Muller did not sell the glass bottling plant and its long-term future is now uncertain, given that 90% of its output currently goes to Milk&More.

I've received no communication at all from M&M about the switch in ownership, and have been disappointed to read that Freshways thinks it might in the long-run offer more milk in recyclable plastic cartons rather than in glass.

I will leave a little time for the change of ownership to settle down. But I would be interested to know if others in Charlbury are using other delivery firms for their milk and, if so, how this is working out for them. I believe there is a dairy in Long Hanborough that was doing deliveries, but when I fill in my postcode on the Hanover Dairies (Oxford) page, it's not recognised as currently part of its delivery round although its Depot in Long Hanborough does show up.

Any feedback welcome, also on other alternatives. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.