Station ticket office open again!

Alan Cobb
👍 1

Fri 26 Jan, 21:21

I can also confirm that as Liz says, the station car park is usually full by 9:00am weekdays.  There has been time restricted parking on the nearby streets for years.

Liz Leffman
👍 8

Fri 26 Jan, 18:10 (last edited on Fri 26 Jan, 18:13)

On the contrary, the car park is usually full by 9am on weekdays and I have had emails from residents in the outlying villages about this.  They then park in the town so it isn't just a case of people being tight-fisted. A survey will help to identify whether, for example, there might be a case for a community bus to serve the station again.  

Carl A Perkins
👍

Fri 26 Jan, 16:08 (last edited on Fri 26 Jan, 16:15)

Imagine if GWR had the time (and patience) to meet with every parish council throughout the west of England and Wales!? 

Do parish councils not sit under the district council and ultimately the county council?

Anyway, surely GWR have no influence over who can park on roads away from the station? It's down to a handful of commuters who are too tight fisted to pay Apcoa parking. The only obvious way would be to introduce time restricted parking on the roads near to the station but that would have a negative effect on residents. Parking permits maybe?

The station car park rarely gets full these days.

Mark Sulik
👍

Fri 26 Jan, 10:42

Perhaps the contact name and e mail address can be provided here for individuals to make contact with the person , who is anonymous/ un named  ?

Gareth Epps
👍 3

Fri 26 Jan, 10:10

The fact remains, Liz, that the meeting was not notified to the parish transport representatives (or, as I understand, the Clerk).

It also remains that it would be helpful if First Group came to Charlbury, as they did in the past, and took questions from us.

Liz Leffman
👍 2

Fri 26 Jan, 09:00

Gareth, an invitation was sent to a town council representative before Christmas.  

Gareth Epps
👍 2

Thu 25 Jan, 23:18

It would be nice to see First Group in the town.  I’m not aware of any occasion where we could ask them questions in the last 5 years.  It was annoying that today’s meeting wasn’t notified to both parish transport representatives as one of us could have made the date, had it been properly communicated.  A microcosm of dealing with First Group, if you will.

Liz Leffman
👍

Thu 25 Jan, 22:04 (last edited on Thu 25 Jan, 22:04)

Gary Harrison was at the meeting, so I am sure he will update the town council

Emily Algar
👍 1

Thu 25 Jan, 18:34

Liz, maybe GWR could send a represenative to a TC meeting to discuss the car parking ideas given the Traffic Committee also has some engagement plans?

Liz Leffman
👍 4

Thu 25 Jan, 17:58 (last edited on Thu 25 Jan, 17:58)

I said I would update this thread following our meeting today with GWR. The station building will be open Monday to Friday from 5.45 to midday, but for the time being it will not be open at weekends.  This is because GWR have yet to find a dedicated station manager - they offered the position to someone recently but they chose not to accept.  So they will be re-advertising.  Meanwhile the station will be looked after by a station manager from elsewhere on the line. 

The meeting discussed the pressure on car parking at the station and in the town and there are some fledgling plans to manage this including a survey of users which will help to form plans for future travel to and from the station.

Mark Sulik
👍 1

Thu 25 Jan, 17:25

Good to have the ticket office open again - far too long without it . Just need trains to run now ! 

Brian Murray
👍 1

Thu 25 Jan, 12:56

Helen, If you've pre-booked and pre-paid through GWR.com, you can collect at the ticket office in the station. You will need the booking ref and the payment card you used when booking. Done yesterday for me with speed and a smile.

Helen Chapman
👍 1

Wed 24 Jan, 17:16

Hooray! Hope I can collect my train tickets for the weekend (which the machine wouldn’t dispense when we tried a few days ago)

Liz Leffman
👍 8

Wed 24 Jan, 13:13

I have a meeting with GWR tomorrow about the station so can update after that.

Brian Murray
👍 2

Wed 24 Jan, 13:05

There was a 'soft' re-opening yesterday.

The important point about the hours is Monday to Friday only with no immediate plans for weekend opening.

The next thing is to get the repairs to the woodwork completed and the building returned to its historic best.

Emily Algar
👍 4

Wed 24 Jan, 08:29

It’s warm, friendly, and you can buy your tickets!

Opening hours: 05:50-12:15 so slightly different.

Jane Crane
👍 1

Wed 24 Jan, 08:23

Brilliant….Use it or loose it .

Are the hours of opening the same?

Matt Bullock
👍 7

Wed 24 Jan, 08:02

As of yesterday. It’s been a while.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.