Our MP...

Christine Battersby
👍 7

Tue 23 Jan, 15:04

Ah, but only our MP for a few more months, whatever the outcome of the General Election.

So much so that I was very surprised to receive a long email from Courts yesterday about how much he is doing for the clean-up of rivers (and sewage) in our area (hrumph!) 

For the time being, we are therefore between the Solicitor General (Robert Courts/Witney) and the Attorney General (Victoria Prentiss/Banbury) who outranks him and who has been in post for more than a year (a very long time, given the recent musical chairs of Tory Ministers). 

Andrew Chapman
👍 10

Tue 23 Jan, 14:59

A case of nominative determinism over ability?

Rod Evans
👍 3

Tue 23 Jan, 14:31

My legal mag tells me that Mr Courts has now been appointed Solicitor General, apparently the 8th in 5 years.  And because of the office, becomes a KC - ie not on merit.  Does that make him a Leader?? (sorry, lawyer's joke).

I'll say no more for fear of being cast into the Outer Darkness of Debate - save that as some wag remarked in response, probably not worth getting business cards printed...

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.