A load of rubbish

K Harper
👍

Sun 21 Jan, 09:51

The Charlbury Wombles?? 

David Green
👍 4

Sun 21 Jan, 09:44

For some time now, my wife and I have been litter picking around Charlbury. To date, we have gathered over 40 large bags of rubbish, and yesterday marked our most significant haul yet. It was particularly disheartening as we collected 5 bags, 3 of them from around the community centre and Co-op car park. Littering seems to be a growing issue, not just in Charlbury; all roads entering Charlbury are quite disgusting. Yesterday, we had to leave 3 bags by the Spendlove Centre bin because our own bin was full. We've been noting problem areas and common items, such as bottles, cans, dog poo bags (full and abandoned, at least 3 a day of these), cigarette filters, broken glass, and a few other nasties. During our walks, some other residents have expressed their willingness to join in, so I wondered if, in a couple of weeks' time, we might gather a group together for a couple of hours. The time of year is ideal, as visibility is better without foliage. Let me know.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.