Dr Barbara Thornton

Rosemary Bennett
👍 3

Sat 20 Jan, 21:08 (last edited on Sun 21 Jan, 20:00)

I am so sorry to read this, and I would like to send my condolences to her family and friends.

I remember Dr Thornton very well. I had a consultation with her one day, which must have been somewhere around 30-odd years ago.  She was heavily pregnant that day, and when I asked her when the baby was due, she smiled brightly and said, “oh, tomorrow”. I never forgot that. Rest in peace, Doctor Barbara.

sue holiday
👍

Sat 20 Jan, 14:42 (last edited on Sat 20 Jan, 14:43)

I am sorry to share the sad news of the sudden, unexpected death on Saturday 13th January 2024 of Dr Barbara Thornton, who practised alongside her husband Dr Vyv Thornton, both working at different times with Dr Gove and Dr Bayliss at the Spendlove Surgery. Her funeral and burial will be at St Mary’s Church, Fittleworth RH20 1HL,  on Tuesday 23rd January at 2.30pm to be followed by afternoon tea at the Fittleworth Village Hall. All are welcome to attend. For any queries, please contact Ian Thornton on 07773 141471 or

Thornton.ia@gmail.com. No flowers, please, though there will be a
donations page for Tearfund for those who wish to contribute in Barbara’s memory.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.