New vicar

Father Clive Dytor
👍 14

Thu 18 Jan, 07:21

Last night I attended the Installation of St. Mary’s  new Vicar, Fergus, and it was a very happy, warm affair with lots of support from home and further afield. On behalf of the Catholic community may I welcome his wife and him to our lovely town, a place where many of us are so blessed to live.

John Partington
👍 3

Wed 17 Jan, 18:42

Congratulations to, and prayers for, Fergus tonight.  Ecclesiastical lawyers can correct me, but I think it's his licensing, institution and induction – the last presumably because he's past his due date.

John Partington
👍 6

Fri 12 Jan, 16:26 (last edited on Wed 17 Jan, 18:58)

I'm sorry that the rest of us weren't up to your standards, Birgit .. but you'll be very welcome.

Fergus has published three books [A Field Guide to the English Clergy, Priests de la Résistance, and Touching Cloth] and Charlbury Community Bookshop has copies of all of them. If anyone wants Touching Cloth (the one in the Guardian article) for £12.50 or the others for £5 each just let me know. All are new, below internet price and with all profits, as always, to charity. 07555 608780, john@pjohnp.me.uk

Birgit den Outer
👍 5

Fri 12 Jan, 13:46 (last edited on Fri 12 Jan, 13:48)

There is a new vicar in town, see the News section, and also this Guardian article. I may have to start coming to church soon. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.