Lost all BBC TV stations.

Philip Ambrose
👍 3

Mon 25 Dec 2023, 13:23 (last edited on Mon 25 Dec 2023, 13:24)

I’m not suggesting that the BBC doesn’t make any decent TV programmes, but a quick glance at the Christmas Radio Times suggests that you are not missing much! Some of my best Christmas holidays were those with little or no television, but plenty of family interaction - walks, card or board games etc. Happy Christmas!

Reg James
👍

Mon 25 Dec 2023, 09:19

Sorry it's called Roku 

Reg James
👍 1

Sun 24 Dec 2023, 20:36

Try getting a Ricoh adapter pre-loaded with all apps.

Andrew Greenfield
👍 1

Sun 24 Dec 2023, 20:27

Thanks Gareth.

I wasn't aware of that but it seems that is only for satellite broadcasts which we don't receive.

I have retuned the set twice now, the first lost even more channels but the second retune got everything back so I now suspect that this old TV is just about at its end, but it's just a second small screen set so I'll keep oit going as long as I can,

Happy Christmas to everyone!

Gareth Epps
👍

Sun 24 Dec 2023, 17:31

Not clear whether it’s the same thing, but some TVs will be affected by this.

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Sun 24 Dec 2023, 11:04

For the past few days we have lost all of our BBC TV programmes from freeview on one of our TV sets.

We receive our signal from the main Oxford transmitter. All other programmes seem to be fine, it's just BBC that have gone from that admittedly old TV and other TV still receive BBC.

Has anyone else had this problem.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.