The Bull

Nicola Morgan
👍 1

Sat 23 Dec 2023, 09:36

Yes, it really was fantastic.  I know there are planning issues but the structure makes a great venue.  And £5.50 for a very good pint…

david cook
👍 1

Sat 23 Dec 2023, 09:09

I agree it is best to apply in advance for planning permission before commencing work however the planning regime is draconian and stifles growth. What on earth is the logical reason for not giving permission to the Bell to keep their wall at the front of the Hotel.

Simon J Harley
👍 5

Sat 23 Dec 2023, 05:32

Sarah, while I have personally have no objection to the Bulls activities, it does make interesting reading on the planing website which contains a significant number of objections. A number of them are about parking, which I honestly cannot see losing a few spaces is going to make a big difference to the town. There are also a number of comments which refer to noise and smoke which are very relevant. Even environmental health have posted an objection.  These objections have to be taken seriously. 

What I fail to understand is why people carry out work, and then apply for planning retrospectively.  Surely this is a high risk strategy?  I notice that the Bell has had planning refused for the wall and sign at the front of their premises.  This is such a shame as I think it looks great, but is probably the right decision given that they haven’t followed the rules. I wonder if the decision would have been different if they had applied for planning first?

Sarah Ellis
👍 4

Fri 22 Dec 2023, 23:47

What a racket tonight! Did they have a license? It was a bit smoky! I couldn’t park an inch from where I wanted to. Grrrr.

What an incredible night! Thank you to The Bull for making this town such a great place to live. The band tonight were exceptional, it was a real blast. Even with the mystery 1940s accents from London, New York and LA. 

Please please don’t get down heartened by a few busy bodies moaning about parking spaces, Charlbury appreciates you.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.