Charlbury’s Strongest Man?

Harriet Edwards
👍

Sun 7 Jan, 16:58

Has anyone heard any more about this? I am really keen to take part, maybe we could start one in the summer months when it’s a bit warmer! 

Amanda Brown
👍

Mon 25 Dec 2023, 22:56

Hi lovelies a weightlifting competition sounds absolutely fab !! My darling son is an aspiring body builder and loves to lift weights both in the gym and (in my back garden!) much to hubbys disapproval. I’m sure he’d be perfect for it if one gets organised in the future ! He’s becoming a very strong young man ! Amanda xx

Jemima Haywood
👍 1

Mon 25 Dec 2023, 22:44

I for one am an avid jam and chutney maker alongside my weight lifting, perhaps we could compete to make Charlbury’s strongest condiment! 

Hans Eriksson
👍 1

Mon 25 Dec 2023, 17:18

Chutney! I'm in!

Harriet Edwards
👍 4

Mon 25 Dec 2023, 16:26

Hello everyone, I’m new to this lovely board but I’m slightly confused? Is this a real weightlifting completion or no? Because if it is I would be delighted in joining ( I have a real passion for weightlifting , I once lifted the equivalent of a cow) if there is not a competition, would anyone be interesting in making one? Could be a real community get together. We could also sell chutney at the same time. 
cheers all ,

Harriet

Christine Battersby
👍 5

Wed 20 Dec 2023, 13:01

QQ - And I thought the post by "Max Gripman" (such an obvious pseudonym) might be a contender for most the implausible wind-up post of 2023, although I can't judge any of the posts in Korean which I was unable to understand.

But, to be fair, it did make me smile.

Miles Walkden
👍

Wed 20 Dec 2023, 08:34

QQ - Is this a contender for the most bazaar post in the forum for 2023?

Max Gripman
👍

Tue 19 Dec 2023, 21:50

Evening, all!

First time caller, long time lifter here.

Been in the village a while now and hoping to get in shape for the strongmen of 2024.

Unfortunately not allowed to use skips and bollards for gains anymore after the incident..
i still do my best to get a sweat on and occasionally I get to help the bus when it's stuck, but is no the full body experience am after.

Any thoughts on events that might kickstart this journey? And hey, can't wait to pump some iron and share a good laugh or two in the process.

Cheers
Max

Christine Battersby
👍 8

Wed 13 Dec 2023, 11:10 (last edited on Wed 13 Dec 2023, 11:25)

Manon Bradley, 13 times World Powerlifting Champion and 9 times European Champion, used to live in Charlbury.

She now lives in Witney and is still active, after 16 years or more in the profession  and despite having had a recent hip replacement. 

She's an advocate of drug-free weight lifting - and also knitting and women's rights. She is easily found via social media, and you may like to be in touch with her, Jemima. 

I can't think of anyone currently living in Charlbury who would be interested in this, but you may find some takers on the "Charlbury is a town not a village" Facebook page. 

Claire Wilding
👍 3

Wed 13 Dec 2023, 08:12

You might be a contender for the egg throwing competition next September?

Oh, and <whispers> it's a town, not a village. 

Christopher Tatton
👍 2

Wed 13 Dec 2023, 07:56

Sounds a fantastic idea Jemima. However  I can’t see myself as a serious contender sadly. 😂

Jody O'Reilly
👍 2

Wed 13 Dec 2023, 07:20

Welcome to Charlbury Jemima. Have you checked out the community centre yet? While not kitted out for hard core power lifting there’s lots on offer there to keep general cardio/core/balance fitness up and running. Maybe see you at Sunday circuits - I won’t be any sort of contender for your competition!! 

Jemima Haywood
👍 7

Tue 12 Dec 2023, 22:15

Hello everyone, fairly new to the area and I am a devoted weightlifter. I was wondering if there would be any interest in  a strongman style competition for any likeminded individuals in Charlbury. I think I have seen a few potential candidates whilst walking the streets so I hope they are keen for an opportunity to show the village their strength.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.