Thames Street closed

Alan Cobb
👍 1

Sun 10 Dec 2023, 14:35

But will they be collected on Tuesday?  Its a recycling bin day, not a general rubbish day.

Liz Leffman
👍

Sun 10 Dec 2023, 13:09 (last edited on Sun 10 Dec 2023, 13:11)

There is no reason why the bins should not be collected as usual on Tuesday in Market Street now that Thames Street is open.  

Jane Crane
👍

Sat 9 Dec 2023, 23:21

Lovely that Thames street is now open but do those in the know have any idea when the house hold rubbish put out on Tuesday is going to be collected ?. …by observation, Market Street last week was not closed in either direction with traffic freely going in both directions yet our bins were not emptied! A theme of living on Market Street I fear .

Carl A Perkins
👍 8

Fri 8 Dec 2023, 08:59

Fair play to the workmen who have been carrying out the works throughout the week. Courteous throughout, accommodating when residents needs have occurred, kept us up to date with progress and what's going on and best of all - the road has been left in a very good condition - almost as if no digging has taken place!

George Ogier
👍

Thu 7 Dec 2023, 17:25

Thanks, Alan. Much appreciated.

Alan Cobb
👍 3

Thu 7 Dec 2023, 17:22

Thames St is currently open - looks like it will be open overnight.

Alan Cobb
👍

Thu 7 Dec 2023, 14:35

Closed again

George Ogier
👍

Thu 7 Dec 2023, 14:07

Any update on this please? Thanks

Alan Cobb
👍

Thu 7 Dec 2023, 09:04 (last edited on Thu 7 Dec 2023, 09:05)

At 8:50 this morning (Thursday) Thames St was open, in spite of what the signs say.  How long for, who knows?

Alan F Harrison
👍 1

Wed 6 Dec 2023, 17:22

Update to Tue 5 Dec, 11:29

If you are diverted at the end of Market Street head for Burford. Take the Chadlington right turn. Head towards Charlbury via  Spelsbury. If you want the Ticknell end of the Slade ignore the diversion sign.

Gareth Epps
👍 5

Tue 5 Dec 2023, 14:06

Nicolette - it's 1980s legislation that frees utility companies from highway obligations and local council controls.  Much to the frustration of councillors and highway officers, it has to be said!

Nicolette lethbridge
👍 1

Tue 5 Dec 2023, 12:05

Liz. It's not quite as bad as you make out .you are definitely not a woolly baalamb and I never said you were. When I said to the workman he should consult with and take due notice of what OCC wanted done he said they did not in law have to do that, I do think that, if this is true ,all county councils are woolly baa lambs to put up with it and I want my special delivery to reach me today and this he intends to facilitate ( hopefully. )

Alan F Harrison
👍

Tue 5 Dec 2023, 11:29

If you are diverted at the end of Market Street head for Burford.  Take the Chadlington right turn.  Head via Spelsbury.  If you want the Ticknell end of the Slade ignore the diversion sign.

Liz Leffman
👍 4

Tue 5 Dec 2023, 10:47

Love that I am regarded by Nicolette as a woolly baalamb!

Nicolette lethbridge
👍 5

Tue 5 Dec 2023, 08:55

I have just this minute spoken to a very pleasant workman who says the barriers at the nine acre lane end were put up by another company and access only is allowed from this end and to make this clear he personally is having the barriers removed and replaced by easily moved cones and he is asking that a notice saying access only is allowed is to be put up which is important as yesterday they stopped work and disappeared in the afternoon and nobody knew they were allowed to move the barriers.  I've informed him that OCC may be woolly baalambs but I am a nasty bad tempered dragon and want my deliveries due today to be delivered. Here's hoping. 

Gareth Epps
👍 1

Mon 4 Dec 2023, 14:53

The County Council has asked them for diversion routes but they have no legal power over utility work.  There’s no sign at the crossroads either, so anyone following signage to the station is going to get stuck.

Alan Cobb
👍 1

Mon 4 Dec 2023, 14:14

Hi Philip You are right, I need to change my calendar page from November to December! I hope the works get done before Friday. It is to be hoped that Scottish and Southern invest in a few Diversion signs to be put out at the station turn and at the Leafield and Chadlington turns on the Burford road.  At the moment appears to be nothing to tell drivers of the road closure until they get to the top of Dyers Hill.

Philip Ambrose
👍

Mon 4 Dec 2023, 13:41

Hi Alan, Thanks for the link. December 8th is Friday not Wednesday.
Pauline Eagling
👍

Mon 4 Dec 2023, 13:10

Terrible this morning, one driver reversing up Market street, another coming down Sheep street and a woman tearing round by the church with a young child in the front seat.

Alan Cobb
👍

Mon 4 Dec 2023, 12:17

According to one.network, it is until Wednesday 8th.  Seems like it is Scottish and Southern Power.

Laura Bailey
👍

Mon 4 Dec 2023, 12:04

Does anyone know how long the road is due to be closed for by any chance? 

Alan Cobb
👍

Mon 4 Dec 2023, 09:00

If you are driving down Market St, watch out as a number of drivers are ignoring the No Entry signs and turning right at the top of Dyers Hill.  There are a good many more doing three point turns at the junction or on Dyers Hill as well!

Ben Miller
👍

Mon 4 Dec 2023, 08:51

For anyone planning to drive through: As of this morning at 08:45, Thames St. is completely closed.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.