Two incidents in Charlbury this week - anyone know details

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Tue 25 May 2010, 08:17

At the risk of getting onto very dangerous territory (and risking the forum closing again, I agree that the Enstone rd / Slade junction is hazardous, with cars approaching from Enstone far too fast. How about a mini roundabout, so all vehicles have to stop to give way?

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 20 May 2010, 22:09

On our evening walk about 6.30pm up Hundley Way this evening it appeared that a stack of straw or hay in big round bales caught fire on one of the farms along the Ditchley Road - about ten minutes later we heard the sound of what appeared to be our pet fire engine for the town. Was this spontaneous combustion, arson, or a controlled burn that became, err, uncontrolled?

And last weekend there were a couple of police and emergency vehicles at the Enstone/Slade crossroads and a car being winched onto a low loader. Was this a vehicle vs vehicle incident or was a pedestrian involved?

I consider that crossroads a real danger and don't allow the kids to cross the road that way (they have to go down to the island by Crawborough)

And why, whilst I am having a moan, don't we have a traffic light crossing outside the school for kids going home from after school activities when the lollipop has long gone?

AND lights for the crossroads. There is now a generational shift occurring in the Green, Jacksons and so forth with a lot of toddlers and babies appearing as older people move out/downsize after the previous crop of kids have gone onto university and it is time that a couple of Pelican lights were put up on this dangerous crossroads next to the park.

Do we need another blood sacrifice, like what finally prompted council action outside Londis further down, ca 10 years back?! That is not forgotten nor the tragic death of the child concerned, who would now be a young man of 20 or so.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.