Found: leuchtturm notebook

Jess Goyder
👍 4

Wed 29 Nov 2023, 16:53 (last edited on Thu 30 Nov 2023, 09:10)

It was my journal. I have around 80 of these. The first time in decades I've ever lost one, also the first time I've managed to NOT add my details or stress how important the book is to me on the front page - I usually offer a reward!

And I agree with John, there is something powerful, these days, about writing things down by hand. 

Thanks so much Ray and Stav. When I hadn't heard anything back from lost property, I was imagining it being tossed into a tired GWR rubbish collector's bin.

John Lanyon
👍 3

Wed 29 Nov 2023, 14:43

I think it's that you don't have to plug them in and charge them up and you don't need to access the internet to read their contents.There's something about mark-making with physical materials that digital means doesn't give you. Many authors still produce their first drafts by hand. By using a notebook you are aligning yourself with thousands of years of recording the World.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 1

Wed 29 Nov 2023, 14:35 (last edited on Wed 29 Nov 2023, 14:38)

What sort of "social signalling" or social "positioning" or, just, well .... what? Is it with paper notebooks for handwriting that the much missed Jon Carpenter (and his much missed little shop to browse around when the kids were little) he was often posting he had Moleskines in stock again.

And now Leuchtturm notebook of various types?

What social caste, class, fractional set, semiotics ... what have I no clue about?

Ray Lee
👍 1

Tue 28 Nov 2023, 20:09

We found a light blue Leuchtturm notebook outside Chloe's on Market St on Sunday evening. If it's yours contact: Stav via Skounadea@hotmail.com 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.