Wine for Christmas

Rod Evans
👍

Fri 8 Dec 2023, 15:43

Looking forward to welcoming people to our little taster at the Deli this evening.  If you have a favourite glass for tasting, by all means bring it along - but size won't matter!

Rod Evans
👍

Wed 6 Dec 2023, 17:37

And just a reminder, we’ll be showcasing the Deli’s Christmas wine selections and offering a taster or two on Friday 6.00-8.00pm and…

Along with our ‘Charlbury Choices’

Yule find some port, brandy, sherry and local spirits

(I don’t mean Nick in a sheet)

Not forgetting some Madeira m’dear…

And of course, you can

Line them all up with your favourite

Yuletide pies, pasties, puds and rolls

Nuts, savouries, preserves and cheeses

Naughty chocs, coffees and those

Extra special cakes…

Apologies for this continuing doggerel

Verse not exactly my forte

But see what I did with that last one??

Important just to add that the Deli team welcomes the new enterprises in our midst and wishes them every success – we all want to see our town centre thriving.  Indeed our esteemed Chairman was fulsome in his praise of one only last week! 

Charlbury Deli & Café: community owned, community led, community employer since 1991.

Rod Evans
👍 1

Sat 2 Dec 2023, 14:37 (last edited on Sat 2 Dec 2023, 14:39)

Some years ago at a party, another guest picked up a bottle I'd brought and asked loudly "This any good?".  Our hostess, standing next to me, replied quietly "If Rod brought it, it will be...". True story! 

So was she right?? Come and see for yourself with a taster or two on Friday 8th, 6.00-8.00, extras available by the glass.

See, we’ve put together two half dozen boxes,

Our very own ‘Charlbury Choices’

Both with a fizz, 2 reds, 2 whites and a dessert,

They'll see everyone through the day!

And so you can try them out first

We’ve put some on the shelves

Already, by themselves.

All the usuals available too, put your own 6 together for 5% off, shareholders of course get more!

Stephen Bubb
👍 4

Tue 28 Nov 2023, 17:08

Important to ensure good quality and wonderful wines at Christmas for one’s guests, not to mention oneself. So your community owned Dele and café are putting together boxes of wines that we have selected especially for Christmas “Charlbury choice. Do pop in and have a look, and buy! 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.