Leaf clearing Hixet Wood

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Wed 29 Nov 2023, 13:37

Very well done, you lot! 

We need to do this along Pooles Lane but there are always vehicles at the top end because nowadays, it has to be used for car parking, so the road sweeper can never sweep this part of the road.
Is anyone interested in forming a working party or able to offer advice and/or tools for the job. We would have to get permission to put cones down for a certain amount of time, at the top end, for a start.

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 29 Nov 2023, 12:16

It really is looking very smart now.

Many thanks to all concerned.

Simon Walker
👍 6

Tue 28 Nov 2023, 17:41

Without wishing to appear that we are blowing our horns too vigorously, last weekend's clear-up along the Hixet Wood pavement was probably the fourth or fifth time since summer that people who live around here have been out to sweep up leaves, lime-tree flowers and beechnut casings.  What was slightly ironic was that the Ubico street-cleaning truck (plus a nice helpful chap with a leaf-blower) came along to attend to the leaf-fall only this morning ..... so now we have a smart pavement, and a kerbside that rainwater can flow along ..... and right over the blocked gullies that, as Hannen has said, have been reported regularly without result.  Still, that's two out of three, so mustn't grumble ....

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 28 Nov 2023, 06:31

Agree Mark.

Hixet Wood (where I live with my my mobility scooter, and wife) is a disgrace to the town, as is the bus shelter.

I have to wash my buggy once a week because of the filth.

I've reported the blocked drain to OCC twice in the last year, but nothing done.

Anyway:  "Brave New World"!  We all have to look after ourselves now, even if Gary and his "team" are working hard, and hats off to them.

Mark Sulik
👍 1

Mon 27 Nov 2023, 21:20

This has been done on Dyers Hill before by the Residents, as the hidden dog mess was making its way on to wheeled buggy and shoes, and then into homes that are accessed directly off the street and paved areas . Also, the removal of debris, silt and accumulation of rubbish from the road edges and kerbs undertaken by the residents earlier this year. Organic growth between the tarmac and the kerbs , needs to be treated ( killed , sprayed or removed, otherwise potential structural stability and loosening will result. Maintenance - saves money in the long term 

Wendy Bailey
👍 10

Sat 25 Nov 2023, 17:30

Having seen Gary Harrison and team clearing leaves on Hixet Wood, just thought a thank you was in order. Having done this same back breaking work as part of the 'working party' a few years ago. I really appreciated others doing this now. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.