Tom Page

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 5

Tue 21 Nov 2023, 18:58

Sorely missed and with the greatest respect - F.Clive's comment about "mine host" hits the mark well. Much condolences to Nikki and Tommy.

Father Clive Dytor
👍 15

Tue 21 Nov 2023, 18:37

A proper landlord, a wry observer of human nature, a genial cove…Tom was the epitome of mine host and we are all poorer for his passing. Rest in peace Tom and thank you for making me and so many others feel welcome and at home in your superb class establishment. 

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍 4

Tue 21 Nov 2023, 18:09

So sorry to hear this sad news.  He will be sorely missed and our thoughts go out to Nikki and Tommy.  RIP Tom x

Liz Reason
👍 1

Tue 21 Nov 2023, 18:05

Tom will be missed.

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 21 Nov 2023, 13:14

So sad.

Thanks for informing us Richard.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 43

Tue 21 Nov 2023, 08:57 (last edited on Tue 21 Nov 2023, 09:00)

Very sorry to learn of the passing of Tom Page, landlord of the Rose & Crown.

Tom was the absolute model of a pub landlord – running the Rose & Crown genially but efficiently, never too busy to chat, and most of all, building up over 37 years a pub that’s the envy of many larger towns and pretty much unique around here.

For those who missed it, here is Tom’s brilliant posting from earlier this year in which he put the pub firmly in the context of Charlbury’s fine dining scene.

Rest in peace, Tom.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.