TV snowed out

Simon Walker
👍

Wed 2 Jun 2010, 09:05

Without wishing to appear to be promoting one system over another, we have been using Sky's Freesat system for three years now and have never had any reception problems. We signed up before the BBC+ITV's Freesat service became available, and will change to that once our Sky sub (£25 for three years)runs out (Mr Murdoch doesn't need our money). The real benefit is not having to have a 20ft-high aerial stuck on the chimney to get any reception at all from the Beckley mast.

Chris Bates
👍

Wed 2 Jun 2010, 08:50

There was local press coverage about delays to the repair at Beckley recently - they need to replace the whole transmitter at the top, and poor reception will continue for some while yet.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 2 Jun 2010, 00:12

Anyone having problems with ITV1 tonight? No picture - only weird sound - through Freeview.

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Thu 13 May 2010, 23:49

It came back at about 9.00pm. I did find another BBC1 broadcast that I could just about receive but that was very bad; better than nothing, I suppose.

dave wells
👍

Thu 13 May 2010, 22:09

Any news on TV reception in Charlbury after the fire at Beckley today ? I am snowed out on the 4 main terrestrial channels

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.