Digital Helper in the Library

Emily Algar
👍

Thu 2 Nov 2023, 12:47

Brilliant news! I’m happy to advertise this on the Town Council’s social platforms.

Rod Evans
👍 4

Thu 2 Nov 2023, 10:12 (last edited on Sun 5 Nov 2023, 08:47)

Excellent idea!  Being 'analogue man' - yay even unto my wonderful valve amplifiers - I even suggested a while ago that someone might run some classes for those of us d'un certain age who feel a little left behind by it all but only had a couple of replies. 

Someone else suggested in another thread more recently that older people had 'deliberately' decided not to keep up so had only themselves to blame.  I could have come up with a more forceful reply but the moment passed so instead I'll just leave it to Pink Floyd:

'And then one day you find

Ten years have gone behind you

No-one told you when to run

You missed the starting gun.'

Written of course over 50 years ago when the world was young so substitute 10 for the figure of your choice.

Charlbury Library
👍 1

Wed 1 Nov 2023, 15:06

From 10.30am-12pm once a month on Monday mornings, there will be a volunteer available to offer digital help for those people having pre-booked a one-to-one session. There's no need to be a library customer to sign up. See the poster on the Events page for full details.  The next session will be Monday 13th November.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.