Accommodation needed for retired Clergyman.

Valerie Stewart
👍 5

Thu 2 Nov 2023, 09:55

Hanover Close is a lovely place to live.  One big attraction is the gardens; another is the residents, who are a great bunch of people from all sorts of backgrounds (I was hoping for a home for retired musicians and policy analysts, but as we used to say in Afrikaans: Ek het met my gat in die botter beland.  Meaning: I have landed with my backside in the butter).  

There's one flat vacant at the moment - don't know whether it's spoken for - but it could be worth his getting on the waiting list.  Charlbury isn't very popular as a destination, because of the hills, but if he's looking to come here anyway he'll have factored that in.  

Hope that helps.  

John Partington
👍 5

Thu 2 Nov 2023, 07:50 (last edited on Thu 2 Nov 2023, 11:02)

Aha, I shall have competition as a Latin-tutoring retired clergyman! We get everywhere .. but especially Charlbury, I think. I look forward to meeting him .. we can discuss the odd use of the relative pronoun in the Nicene Creed.

denise martyn
👍

Wed 1 Nov 2023, 13:50

Retired clergyman, writer, academic and Latin tutor seeks accommodation in Charlbury or surrounding area. Quiet, non-smoker. Please call Rhidian on 07580 318724

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.