Spicy Mango Chutney at the Street Fair!

Charlie M
👍

Fri 27 Oct 2023, 12:26

Alison, thank you! All I can say is that I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms, so I might need to track down the recipe and give it a go! Thank you again! 

Alison Nicholls
👍 7

Fri 27 Oct 2023, 06:35

I am pleased that you liked the spicy mango chutney. The recipe is the BBC mango chutney recipe, there were too many ingredients to fit on the label so we did have some copies of the recipe available for allergy purposes. The chutney was for sale on the HIFA, Health Information for All  , Street Fair stall , managed by Neil Packenham-Walsh. The mangos were a reduced crop spotted in Aldi by a friend! My previous batch was less spicy, hence the name. Unfortunately my family hate the smell of chutney making so it is boiled in friends’ kitchens..We were impressed by your determined detective work.

Emily Algar
👍

Thu 26 Oct 2023, 17:46

Could it be one of Chloe Horner's creations?

Charlie M
👍

Thu 26 Oct 2023, 17:42

Thanks to all who have contributed! The only other thing I can do is insert a pic of the jar and label ... it looks very "home-made", rather than a product of a commercial company ... 

Steve Jones
👍

Thu 26 Oct 2023, 15:17 (last edited on Thu 26 Oct 2023, 15:24)

Looking at their website, the Oxford Pudding Company is a bakery and I don't see any mention of Mango chutney, and a Google search shows no connection either.

I assume that this was definitely the Street Fair and not the Farmers Market, which was the prior Saturday.

One tip, if you paid by card then you might be able to work out the supplier from that.

Elisabeth Partington
👍 3

Thu 26 Oct 2023, 08:51

Charlie, from what you say about the position of the stall, I think your Mango Chutney came from the Oxford Pudding Company. They are a a commercial enterprise and may not want to share the recipe but if you email Junean , he will at least, be able to tell you where else he sells his wares. His email is 'jcramp@hotmail.co.uk' ‎

Good luck! 

Charlie M
👍

Wed 25 Oct 2023, 19:06 (last edited on Wed 25 Oct 2023, 23:20)

Thank you for the replies! As far as I remember, their stall was pretty well opposite The Rose & Crown's beer garden (on the far side of the road).

Rachel Mary Gallagher
👍

Wed 25 Oct 2023, 18:58

Well the Churched Together In Charlbury stall was selling such items and  Liz and Bob Tait were running it.  If the stall where you had bought the chutney also had a "guess the weight" of a vegetable, then that's definitely your stall.

Steve Jones
👍 1

Wed 25 Oct 2023, 17:03

Liz Partington might know as she handles the bookings for the Street Fair stalls. If you know where the stall was on the day, then that could help.

Charlie M
👍 1

Wed 25 Oct 2023, 13:57

I am seeking the person/people who made the absolutely *superb* Spicy Mango Chutney that was on sale on one of the stalls at the Street Fair! It was delicious, and I am wondering if either you would be prepared to give/sell me the recipe or if you have more for sale! 

Thank you in hope! 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.