Prayer room in Charlbury

John Partington
👍 4

Tue 17 Oct 2023, 11:02

If it's for individual use I'd have thought St Mary's is ideal: towards the east end, in the old chancel, is a lovely place to sit and be quiet*.  I'm not sure what 'multi-faith' would mean in that context:  people of any faith, or none, are always welcome to take advantage of the availability and numinosity of the building.

If it's for group use, I'd suggest the Morris Room in the Corner House or the Green Room in the Memorial Hall (bookable for a modest fee).

*of course with the current building works it's not always entirely quiet at the moment!

Emily Algar
👍

Tue 17 Oct 2023, 09:15

I don’t think there is a venue in Charlbury that allows for quiet reflection or prayer throughout the day without booking in advance. St Mary’s is open all day as Anna says, but the rooms in the Corner House, Memorial Hall and Community Centre are in use or would need to be booked. 

fliss bennett
👍

Tue 17 Oct 2023, 08:36

Many thanks, Anna.

Does anyone have any information on a multi faith space/prayer room for use throughout the day? Thank you. 

Anna Fairhurst
👍 4

Mon 16 Oct 2023, 20:21

St Mary’s Church is always open during the day and available for prayer. 

fliss bennett
👍

Mon 16 Oct 2023, 17:04

Does anyone know if there is a room available at the Corner House, Memorial Hall, Community Centre or anywhere else suitable for private prayer during the day? Thank you.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.