Fundraiser for Gaza

Emily Algar
👍 8

Mon 6 Nov 2023, 15:50

Since the fundraiser, we have raised a total of £1,380 for both Doctors Without Borders and Palestine Children's Relief Fund. 

There is still time to donate if you haven't, or even if you have!

https://www.justgiving.com/team/gaza-fundraiser

I'm closing the fundrasier on Armstice Day, when the money will go off and do some good in Gaza.

Rosemary Bennett
👍 2

Mon 30 Oct 2023, 21:32

Thanks Emily. 🇵🇸

Emily Algar
👍 8

Sun 29 Oct 2023, 20:11

Thank you Merle and Rosey, and everyone else who baked and helped out.

I am completely blown away by the amount of donations we received on the day, and subsequently online. We are now well past £1,000 as of this evening. The Just Giving page is going to say open until Armistice Day on the 11 November, so if you would still like to give but haven't had time, please do, and please feel free to share the link with friends, neighbours and family. 

Rosemary Bennett
👍 3

Sun 29 Oct 2023, 18:06

• Well done Emily and Madeleine, and everybody involved. 🕊️
merle esson
👍 15

Sat 28 Oct 2023, 17:53

Well done Emily. I hear that you (and Madeleine) raised over £800 for aid in Gaza with today's tea and cake sale. 

Emily Algar
👍 5

Sat 28 Oct 2023, 10:31

We are in full swing at the Friends Meeting House and so many delicious cakes ready to be eaten! We’re here until 1pm. 

Emily Algar
👍

Mon 23 Oct 2023, 10:31

If baking is not your thing, but you have another talent such as knitting, painting, or crochet and would like to sell your items at the fundraiser with proceeds going to the two charities, that would be very much appreciated. 

Thank you to all of you who have offered to help out on the day. 

Emily Algar
👍 1

Sat 21 Oct 2023, 13:01

The Gaza Fundraiser coffee and cake morning will take place Saturday 28 October, 10am-1pm at the Friends Meeting House in Charlbury, who have generously donated their space for the fundraiser.

Everyone is welcome. Please get in touch if you haven't already, if you'd like to donate your cakes or your time. 

For ease and transparency, all profits will go to the Palestine Childrens Relief Fund (PCRF) and for Medecins Sans Frontieres / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) and can donated to via the Just Giving link below. 

https://www.justgiving.com/team/gaza-fundraiser

Emily Algar
👍

Wed 18 Oct 2023, 10:47 (last edited on Wed 18 Oct 2023, 10:48)

Thank you to those of you who have expressed an interest in helping with the cake fundraiser for Gaza. I really appreciate your kindness!

I am currently looking for a space to do this in but a lot of the venues in the town are booked on Saturday mornings. I'm waiting to hear back from the Corner House. 

Would any of the venues in Charlbury be able to offer us a room and kitchen for the morning of Satuday 28 October?

Maryam Masalha
👍 1

Tue 17 Oct 2023, 13:40

Hi Emily

I can’t bake but I would be interested in helping. I’ll send you a PM. 

Maryam 

Emily Algar
👍 15

Sun 15 Oct 2023, 11:14

I am planning a tea and cake fundraiser for Gaza on a Sunday in the Garden Room in the Memorial Hall. Date and time TBC but probably after half term.

The profits for the fundraiser would be split equally between:

Doctors Without Borders

The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees

Medical Aid for Palestinians

Palestine Children's Relief Fund

If you would be interested in baking cakes and getting involved on the day, please get in touch via the website?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.