Computer Expert

Alex I
👍

Mon 19 Apr 2010, 14:35

I do some computer lessons etc and so know quite a bit about computers. Ian's covered all the main points, the only other option is to go for a complete re-install, which takes time, is a bit of a pain and you need the original disks, but tends to be very effective, especially if you're running Vista. If you want I could help you with this, but usually people can do it on their own.

Ian Taylor
👍

Thu 15 Apr 2010, 17:49

How old is the laptop? What make is it and what operating system does it run? If it's only a couple of years old, putting in more memory may be a relatively cheap way of speeding things up. Do you have any computer-literate friends that could identify any spyware you have lurking on the machine and prune back the programs that start automatically when you start the computer? I'd imagine that's all a computer firm would do.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 15 Apr 2010, 15:59

Look under Businesses and you'll find people there.

Jill Lark
👍

Wed 14 Apr 2010, 13:50

I need someone to sort out my laptop as it's running very slow. Is there anybody locally who is qualified and able to offer such a service?
Many thanks

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.