Wrong way

Rod Evans
👍 3

Fri 6 Oct 2023, 20:34

Put the one way sign on the other side of Brown's Lane.  Simples!

Rachel Brushfield
👍

Fri 6 Oct 2023, 19:21

The no-entry sign is useful to help drivers understand that it is a one way street if they are on Sheep Street and don't know the area - delivery drivers, Wilderness Festival etc. It is a positive thing. I watched a driver drive up the wrong way up Brown's Lane from Sheep Street last week. 

Simon J Harley
👍

Fri 6 Oct 2023, 18:39

I quite agree Richard. I said exactly the same when we watched them put it up. Maybe Sheep Street is becoming a pedestrian zone?  Nothing would surprise me anymore. 

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 1

Fri 6 Oct 2023, 14:03

Thanks Liz!

Liz Leffman
👍 1

Fri 6 Oct 2023, 13:28

No idea why that has appeared - will enquire with officers

Charlie M
👍 1

Fri 6 Oct 2023, 12:36 (last edited on Fri 6 Oct 2023, 12:40)

I suspect that - as you say - it is intended to stop the Porsches And Range Rovers On The Sly (PARROTS) heading the wrong way up Browns Lane to the (almost) non-existant Bull car park. 

Or perhaps, as your photo could be seen to imply, it only applies to sheep.

But who can tell?! 

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 2

Fri 6 Oct 2023, 12:23

I am a bit bemused by the honking big blue sign that has just appeared outside the Bull:

Aesthetics aside… it’s wrong? Drivers will only see it if they approach from Church Street. At that point you don’t have to only turn left along Market Street; you can also turn right along Sheep Street.

Maybe the idea is to stop people going the wrong way up Browns Lane, but I would have thought the No Entry sign communicates that better. Any illumination?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.