Buses while Browns Lane dug up

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 6 Oct 2023, 18:14

Thanks all,

But I'm still confused as an S3 just whizzed past our house on the "normal" route.

I'm intending to take the X9 to Witney on Wednesday and would like to know where to stand!

Rod Evans
👍 1

Fri 6 Oct 2023, 17:33

See post under Current works in Bull Carpark.  Pretty sure it was a large electrical cable I saw in the hole yesterday not a water pipe - in other words, as PJ says, Thames Water still to come.  Happy days....

PJ Honey
👍 1

Fri 6 Oct 2023, 16:28 (last edited on Fri 6 Oct 2023, 16:37)

No one has turned up from Thames Water yet and the road hasn't been closed with Pulhams' buses going down Browns Lane as normal, as far as I can tell. 

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Fri 6 Oct 2023, 15:45

Hannen, see below. 

The planned completion date for the roadworks in Brown's Lane is the close of Monday 9 October. If all goes to plan, X9 and S3 buses will be affected until Tuesday 10 October.

It would be helpful if those who live within sight of the roadworks could post here when the road is open again -- just in case the roadworks finish early! Let's hope they don't overrun ...

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 6 Oct 2023, 14:50

Does anyone know when the normal route for the S3 and X9 will be resumed?

I, and several others were waiting patiently for the X9 at Five Ways this morning, to go to Witney, when it suddenly appeared across the road.  Cue, mad scramble across a busy junction to catch it.  Can't Pulhams etc. put up a temporary sticker to alert people?

I don't mind but just want to know when it's all going to end.

Simon J Harley
👍 1

Thu 5 Oct 2023, 18:51

Didn’t see a lot of digging today. 

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Wed 4 Oct 2023, 17:36

No it's nothing to do with the car park or the electricity sub-station. It's for Thames Water. It shows up on one.network just below the Coop/Playing Close to just below 1 Brown's Lane.

"The pdf states: LOCATION: Charlbury, Browns Lane

REASON: To facilitate water mains service pipe relay repairs

DURATION: Starting on 5 October 2023

The anticipated completion date is 9 October 2023 (date included) , 24 hours per day

(Traffic Regulation Notices cover a maximum of 5 consecutive days.)

ACCESS: Limited access will be maintained for emergency service vehicles and for frontages within the closed section of road, subject to the progress of the work."

The suggested diversion is quite mad (as usual), and does not recognise that the bottom of Brown's Lane is not a 2-way Rd.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 4 Oct 2023, 14:19

Just to let you know that if’s anything to do with the Bull car park then it shouldn’t be a problem.  It was ok this morning with the X9.

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Wed 4 Oct 2023, 08:40

Also what are the arrangements for the S3 bus? Their app is showing the wrong information for the closure days. Has anyone contacted the bus companies about the closure? 

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 4 Oct 2023, 07:48

Can any one let me know where to catch the X9 going to Witney.  Obviously not at the top of the Enstone Road!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.