Parking in Priory Lane

Carolyn Connolly
👍

Sat 30 Sep 2023, 11:40

Many thanks for input regarding Priory Lane I have now contacted Liz Leffman direct so hopefully we shall resolve the issue.

Charlie M
👍

Sat 30 Sep 2023, 10:56

I assume that some council official came by and saw the "unoffiocial sign" and removed it as it was mounted on "council property"! Whilst one might laugh, on reflection this seems reasonable, as otherwise all kinds of detritus might get attached to council signs! 

Looking at the entrance to Priory Lane, two suggestions come to mind:

• Ask the owner of the wall on the left for permission to attach the sign there, using a couple of rawlplug-like things

• Ask the owner of the house with the while downpipe for permission to attach the sign there, using a couple of large jubilee clips around the downpipe.

I do, however think that maybe it was - perhaps - slightly ungracious of the council to just remove the residents' sign without maybe attaching a message saying why it must go, and allowing them a few days for removal! But I know nothing! 🤣

Graham Wisker
👍

Sat 30 Sep 2023, 08:41

I thought that their sign was on Priory Lane?

Liz Leffman
👍 1

Fri 29 Sep 2023, 22:25

The No Through Road sign is on Park St so on the public highway

Graham Wisker
👍 1

Fri 29 Sep 2023, 19:55

If the road is unadopted,  surely the Highways Authority do not have any right to remove it.  However, I do stand to be corrected. 

Liz Leffman
👍 1

Fri 29 Sep 2023, 10:54

Carolyn, please can you contact me directly about this - it may have been removed if you didn't discuss this with the highways authority before putting it up,  and I can help to sort that out

Carolyn Connolly
👍 2

Fri 29 Sep 2023, 10:39

I am posting this on behalf of the Residents of Priory Lane, off Park Street Charlbury. 

Priory Lane is an unadopted road and is maintained by its residents.

Due to the increased pressure on parking in the area and the necessity of maintaining access for emergency vehicles at all times along Priory Lane, we decided to purchase a road sign which was bolted onto the ‘No through road’ post at the entrance of Priory Lane.

The sign read :

PRIVATE ROAD - NO PARKING - RESIDENTS ONLY.

It was erected about 10 days ago and earlier this week it had been removed.

We would be grateful if the person who removed it could return it to any of the residents of Priory Lane, we would be happy to talk about any reservations they may have and why it was unbolted and taken away.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.