remembering Charlbury from 1980's

John Larder
👍

Thu 6 May 2010, 21:59

Having lived opposite Charlbury Dairy for over 20 years it was certainly a big part of my growing up. I have very fond memories of both dairies and actually of the whole of Charlbury. I was last there in October 2008 when we managed to surprise a few people (John and Hilda, Pete who cut my hair for many years even after I left the village - not so easy to go for a haircut from France though) and now google have put the street view images online it is great to re-visit places I used to know online

Suzanne Volke
👍

Wed 13 Jan 2010, 20:13

And Dr. Goves! He cared for my children and I when we lived there. didn't mean to leave him out!

Suzanne Volke
👍

Wed 13 Jan 2010, 20:10

I used to live there, in Crawborough Terrace during the 80's. ( My name was then Suzanne Futrell.) I have lots of happy memories of raising my sons there, and the kind and gentle people I met. To name a few: Jane, Sylvia, and Sandra. Also I remember the Charlbury dairy, the playgroup and the whole town which was so beautiful in all seasons. I just thought I'd share with you and say 'thanks' for being a sweet part of my life. Suzanne

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.