The Climbing Tree

Harry Jones2
👍

Sun 10 Sep 2023, 14:55

Maybe we should give teenagers something to do? The skate park is great, but they need something else to do in the evening otherwise they’ll do what we all did back in our day… meet in the park to drink cider.

glena chadwick
👍

Sun 10 Sep 2023, 14:24

Thanks Phil. I wouldn't like anything to stop the children----this is one of only two climbable trees on 9 Acres and they have always enjoyed it very much and, as I said, this is the first problem I've had.

Phil Morgan
👍

Sun 10 Sep 2023, 13:51

I'm sorry to hear this Glena. The Nine Acres Committee meets on Tuesday and this will be raised then. Take care,  Phil.

glena chadwick
👍

Sat 9 Sep 2023, 13:47

At the edge of 9 Acres, just over the fence from my garden, is an excellent tree for climbing. The smalls have always loved it which is great. What is not so great is that it seems to have just been adopted by an older group (or groups) as an aerial  meeting place. No harm in that (as long as boughs do not get broken) but grown-up litter now collects under the tree. And what is really not great is that my garden gate has been pushed open several times and there has been trespassing and a watering can has gone missing. First time this has happened in over twenty years,

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.