Help!

James Styring
👍 3

Fri 8 Sep 2023, 12:35

Many thanks to the people who have come forward to offer help, we can now put the rally on safely with enough people to make it happen. I hope lots of you manage to get out tomorrow on your bikes to enjoy the lovely weather and, those of you on the 10-mile ride, to enjoy privileged access to the lanes in and around the Ditchley Estate.

James Styring
👍

Thu 7 Sep 2023, 11:49

This is an appeal for help with the Charlbury Children’s Bike Rally on Saturday 9 Sept. Most of the members of the Charlbury School Association (our usual helpers) have left the CSA because their children have gone on to secondary school this autumn, and I am the organiser of the rally, but I am in bed with Covid and won’t be able to do anything on the day.

We very much need helpers on Saturday between 11.00 and 1.30. Helpers will either be asked to register riders, give out maps and cards for marking at each waypoint, and setting riders off from Saint Mary's church; or you might prefer to help run a CSA store selling soft drinks and snacks at Wychwood Paddocks.

If do you think help, we would be most grateful. People can message me on 07792 375423. (Please text as I don’t always feel up to talking as I am ill.) I will collect names and phone numbers and allocate roles. Thank you. (And a big thank you to the many rally marshals who have already volunteered via their local churches.)

Here is information about the event:

Saturday 9th September - Charlbury Children’s Bike Rally

The Charlbury Children’s Sponsored Bike Rally is this Saturday and riders can set off any time between 11.30 and 12.30. There are two shorter routes that go round Charlbury’s five churches, culminating on Wychwood Paddocks for the Charlbury Children’s Bike Gymkhana and School Picnic. Like last year, we are pleased to confirm that we are putting on a special 10-mile route for slightly older children that tours the quiet lanes in and around Ditchley Estate. For more info, to view maps and to sign up for sponsorship, please visit https://ohct.org.uk/ride-and-stride/take-part/charlbury-kids-rally/. This year’s rally will be raising funds for the Charlbury School Association (CSA) and Oxfordshire Historic Churches Trust (OHCT).

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.